This comprehensive one day program will cover all aspects of Bunker Fuel blending from the fundamentals to advanced techniques. The material covers enough of the science to allow you to spot bad data, but really focuses on the practical knowledge you need for day to day blending. Those new to the game will appreciate the step by step nature of the program, and experienced Blenders will learn some highly advanced techniques to generate huge returns from tiny improvements that add up over time. In addition, the Soft Skills training is very helpful when it comes time to sell your ideas and leverage Blending to advance your career.
All discussion topics are reinforced by classroom exercises in www.netBlend.net, state of the art cloud based blending software from Haverly Systems Inc. No cumbersome installation, problems with macros, or updates are required with www.netBlend.net – it is accessed through Internet Explorer simply by opening www.netBlend.net and logging in with your unique username and password. Custom Component and Product Libraries are saved for each user and can be shared with others. Users can easily upload the latest component and product test results from Excel, build an optimized blend, and download the Blend Report in Excel. Note that attendees receive a free one month subscription to the blending software www.netBlend.net from Haverly Systems Inc and a copy of the program material.
The program was developed and will be presented by Mr. Lance Ulrich (ex-Koch, CHS, Phillips 66, Valero, AspenTech), one of the world’s leading experts in blending operations and technology. This program will allow participants to interact closely with both the speaker and others in attendance to exchange information on blending techniques. Participants should bring their laptop computer with Excel and Internet Explorer installed to run exercises and blend optimizers. EXCEL SOLVER IS NOT REQUIRED.
This one day program is specifically designed for both refiners and traders. However, shipping industry personnel as well as those from fuel product testing organizations, instrumentation and automation companies, refined product marketing organizations, and government agencies responsible for fuel regulations will also find this program informative and very useful.
1. GET STARTED WITH BLENDING FUNDAMENTALS
• Simple to Complex Blend Systems
2. LEARN FUEL PROPERTIES
• Finished Bunker Fuel
• Components and Interactions
• Additives and How to Blend Non-Linear Properties
3. EIGHT EXERCISES: BLENDING USING www.netBlend.net
• Library Setup, Qualities, Components, Products, Tanks
• Create Cases and Run, Import/Export Data
• Advanced Blending and Customization
• DCS & Blending Software (Planning, Control, Optimization)
4. SO HOW DOES BLENDING MAKE MONEY???
• Solving the Optimization Problem with Excel vs NetBlend
• How Tiny Improvements Add Up to Big $$$ and Hero Status
5. ON SPEC? PROVE IT WITH QA / QC
• Partnering with Outside Commercial Labs
• Lab Tests vs On-Line Analyzers
6. SAY HELLO TO THE EPA
• EPA Gasoline Complex Emissions Model
• Renewables: Ethanol and Bio Diesel
7. USE YOUR NEW SKILLS TO IMPROVED BLENDING
• Crush Working Capital by Minimizing Inventory
• Stop Wasting Huge $$$ by Giving Away Quality
• Make it for Less: Use Cheaper Components
• Blending KPI’s: Document Your Achievements
8. NOW SELL IT: SOFT SKILLS
• How to Get Your Ideas Implemented
• Break Through Resistance by Building Coalitions
• Career Tips – Leverage Blending to Advance Your Career
• Exchanging Problems / Handling of Common Problems
9. LET’S TALK: OPEN FORUM
• Summary of Each Participant’s Blending Operation